When it comes to condensed milk you’ll want to know everything or just a little. These tips cover just about everything about condensed milk. You can be sure that every tip we can think of and have researched are included here.
- Use fresh milk.
- Use a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Dairy free condensed milk is possible.
- You can make caramel from sweetened condensed milk.
- Condensed milk is not recommended as a milk substitute due to its high sugar content.
- Condensed milk cannot be used as a substitute for evaporated milk due to its high sugar content.
- A recipe using eggs can be used instead of condensed milk.
- You can caramelize condensed milk by cooking for approx 1 hour.